Terms & Conditions
The Hounds Hangout Ltd Terms and Conditions
• All dogs must be up to date & vaccinated for Lepto virus, Parvo virus & Canine Cough.
• Vaccinations must be kept up to date whilst your dog attends daycare. A stand down period may be required if vaccinations are overdue or lapse.
• It is the owners responsibility to keep vaccinations up to date whilst the dog is in attendance, yearly proof will be required upon request.
• All dogs must be free from any conditions that could potentially spread and jeopardise other K9 members.
• If your dog is unwell or has an injury, we ask that they do not attend daycare until they are back to full health. In some cases, we will require vet approval as to when its safe for your dog to return. Please phone (06) 769 9204 to advise us of absence.
• Owners must regularly check their dog's health and wellbeing. Please regularly inspect your dog’s eyes, ears, pads, paws, skin & joints for any sign of discomfort or irritation. Dogs can share coughs, sniffles, eye infections and more, please do not bring your dog to daycare if you believe they are injured or unwell – The Hounds Hangout staff may turn away or send home any dog at any time who is believed to be unwell, injured or not currently fit for daycare.
• Dogs are not able to attend daycare with (Including but not limited to): stiches/staples, an Elizabethan collar or bandages.
• All dogs attending daycare over the age of 8 months old, must be neutered/spayed. Females may not attend daycare whilst in season.
• Flea and worm treatments must be kept up to date.
• Puppies can start daycare from 16 weeks old subject to vaccination status.
• If your dog is fed in the morning please feed at least one hour before arriving at daycare. This allows the food to digest before exercise.
3. Behaviour – Safety – Illness/Injuries
• Your dog must be generally well socialised with other humans & K9’s to attend daycare. We may recommend further assistance & training if The Hounds Hangout Dog Daycare is not a suitable environment for your dog.
• Certain behaviour will not be accepted or tolerated (this will be discussed with owners and may lead to the dog being denied service).
• Whilst your dog is in attendance or on the premises you authorise The Hounds Hangout Ltd staff to do whatever they deem necessary for the safety, management, health & wellbeing of your dog.
• You understand and accept any potential risks involved, including but not limited to, any injuries or illness that may occur and you agree The Hounds Hangout Dog Daycare Ltd is not liable for any vet bills or expense resulting from any injury or illness beyond our control.
• If an emergency or any medical problems occur whilst your dog is in daycare and you or the emergency contact are unavailable, you authorise The Hounds Hangout staff to do whatever they deem necessary for the safety, health and wellbeing of your dog and you agree to assume full financial responsibility for any & all expenses incurred.
• Payments must be made on the day your dog attends or in advance.
• Payments can be made online or in reception, via Eftpos, Cash, Visa or MasterCard. We do not accept cheques. Please note: There is a surcharge for all payments made by credit card.
• Notify us as soon as possible if your dog will be absent from daycare. Please phone the landline (leave a voice message) or send us an email.
• Dogs are booked in on their set days of attendance each week and must attend at least once per week. For extra daycare visits, please contact us to check there is a spot available on the day you are wanting and to ensure your dog will be suitable to attend a different play group.
• Each dog is allocated 4 weeks per year with no charge for absence (year begins upon 1st February & ends the week of Christmas close).
- E.g. Dogs attending once per week are allocated 4 days absent from daycare with no charge… Dogs attending 3 days per week are allocated 12 days absent from daycare with no charge. Etc.
- The Hounds Hangout will keep recorded the number of days & dates your dog is away.
- Once these no charge absent days are used up, you accept that you must pay for your dog's daycare spot when they are not in attendance.
- These days do NOT include any day The Hounds Hangout is closed (Public Holidays/Christmas weeks), or if your dog is unwell and cannot attend. Please advise us of the reason your dog will be absent, so we are able to mark them off accordingly.
• The Hounds Hangout has the right to refuse service to any dog or owner at any time and for any reason.
• Drop offs are kept between 7.30am & 9.30am – please wait outside or in your car before 7.30am – Dogs arriving after 9.30am may be turned away.
• All dogs must arrive with a suitable collar and on lead.
• On your dog’s first day (Induction day) you must arrive at 7am & be available by phone throughout the day – Arriving later than 7:10am may result in rescheduling your dogs Induction.
• No owner or persons associated with the dog may enter the daycare playrooms unattended or without the permission from a staff member.
• Opening hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 6pm. (We are closed every public holiday and the Christmas/New year weeks each year).
• You understand in failure to collect your dog by 6pm there will be an extra charge of $10 for every 15 minutes you are late.
• If your dog is not collected by 7pm and we are unable to contact you, The Hounds Hangout staff will take it upon themselves to make arrangement for overnight care at your expense of an additional $90 - $150 per dog.
• The Hounds Hangout may use any photos or video footage taken for our website, social media or any marketing purposes. Please ensure you discuss this with us if you prefer not to have your dog included in this.
• The Hounds Hangout Dog Daycare reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and its prices from time to time at its sole discretion, with notice via newsletter or email. All terms/conditions notices or policies notified to owners by The Hounds Hangout Ltd must be followed.
• Please ensure we have correct & current contact information at all times. Under no circumstances will we share your personal information unless authorised by you.